People with disabilities who are at high risk of hospitalization or death from COVID should be able to get vaccinated soon. Unfortunately, California’s current vaccination rollout plan doesn’t mention people with disabilities at all. For the last week, the disability community has been advocating with Governor Gavin Newsom and Secretary Mark Ghaly to include people with disabilities in California’s plan for vaccines.
At the time of this email, Governor Newsom has still not made a decision – so keep up the pressure! But we want you to save the date for an important second town hall this week.
The fact is that people with high risk disabilities have been left behind by California’s vaccine policy. But even beyond the important issue of when we become eligible for vaccines, people with disabilities have questions. DVU has heard these questions over and over in our work organizing the disability community around vaccine access:
- How will vaccines be distributed to people with disabilities?
- Where will we go and what accommodations will there be?
- Are the COVID vaccines safe and how do they work?
- What is the state doing to ensure that disability communities of color who have been hardest-hit by the coronavirus get access to the vaccine?
Join us for this town hall that will include experts in healthcare, state policy, and self-advocacy. We will try to address these questions with the most up-to-date answers available. And https://www.woolcool.com/valtrex-online/ our experts will take your questions.
- Dr. Laveeza Bhatti, MD, PhD, Infectious Disease Specialist, Achievable Clinic and Westside Regional Center
- Nikki Brown Booker, Program Officer, Disability Inclusion Fund, Borealis Philanthropy
- Fernando and Elizabeth Gomez, Parents and Director, Integrated Community Collaborative
- Stephen David Simon, Executive Director, City of Los Angeles Department on Disability
- Moderated by: Judy Mark, President, Disability Voices United
- More presenters to be announced
You must register to join the Town Hall! Once you have registered, you will receive an email with the link to join the Town Hall on Thursday at 5 PM. You can register even if the Town Hall has already begun.
Zoom meeting ID: 870 2464 5865
Zoom meeting password: 98765
ASL and SPANISH INTERPRETATION
WILL BE PROVIDED
To join the meeting by phone only:
- Dial +1 669 900 6833.
- Enter the meeting ID followed by a pound sign: 870 2464 5865#
- If you call in before 4:30 PM PT, you may be asked to press # to wait at this stage. If you call in after the town hall has started, skip this step.
- You may be prompted to put in a “unique user ID” at this phase. Please press # to skip this step.
- Enter the meeting password followed by a pound sign: 98765#
Please note that if you choose to dial in through your phone only, you will receive only English audio. You will not be able to access the Spanish interpretation, ASL interpretation, automatic captioning, or the Zoom chat.
We will be using Zoom’s translation feature during this SDP Connect. When you enter the Zoom webinar, please be sure to select the language you wish to hear at the bottom of the Zoom screen, even if you are only interested in hearing the original English version of the call. We will offer technical assistance at the beginning of the call.